Indoor Air Quality Testing
Molds can be found almost anywhere; they can grow on virtually any organic substance, as long as moisture and oxygen are present. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, foods, and insulation. When excessive moisture accumulates in buildings or on building materials, mold growth will often occur, particularly if the moisture problem remains undiscovered or unaddressed.
Top reasons to be concerned about indoor air quality
- Americans spend up to 90 percent of their time indoors
- EPA and OSHA have conducted tests showing that indoor air pollutant levels may be 10-100 times higher than outdoor levels
- Asthma rates have doubled since 1980
- Insufficient quantities of fresh air in occupied buildings increase the level of carbon dioxide and other contaminants that can cause illness and greatly inhibit productivity
- Renovation and maintenance projects can introduce harmful air contaminants
- Elevated temperature and humidity can promote mold growth and increase mold remediation project scope and expense
- Poor indoor air quality leads to occupant health problems, lowered productivity, complaints and lawsuits.
- Indoor Air Quality should be a managed asset
AAA's program includes the following key services to ensure IAQ success:
- Indoor air quality testing and documentation services performed twice a year to address the heating and cooling seasons
- HVAC system operating inspections performed by our team of professionals during the IAQ seasonal testing cycles
- Filtration recommendations for the type and filter change schedules
- Visual inspection of HVAC system and facility operations for mold or other contaminants
- Annual facility maintenance and engineering staff training on IAQ management and mold prevention. This training greatly assists to prevent IAQ issues and costly mold remediation by identifying, preventing and managing factors that create mold
- Enhanced indoor air quality, which promotes comfort, good health and productivity
- Enhanced occupant/tenant relations
- Reduced potential for costly IAQ complaint response activity and mold remediation
- An additional real estate asset when managing and leasing office space
Call AAA Energy Service Co. to discuss how we can help!
"Optimizing Your Building's Performance"